Love Offering for Jesus
One of the most important methods of supporting missions at KWBC is through our annual Love Offering For Jesus (LOFJ) giving campaign. During the last service of our Global Impact Conference, we "March for Missions" and pledge our missions giving for that year which extends through Easter Sunday. The funds are distributed in the following way:
- 50% to International Mission Board of SBC www.imb.org
- 25% to North American Mission Board of SBC www.namb.net
- 5% to Tennessee Baptist Children's Homes http://www.tennesseechildren.org
- 5% to Golden Offering for Tennessee Missions www.goldenoffering.org
- 15% is kept at KWBC. These funds are directed by the Missions Committee and are primarily used in evangelism and church planting both in the states and around the world. This money also provides assistance in funding short term mission trips by KWBC members.
Cooperative Program http://www.sbc.net/cp/default.asp
In addition to the Love Offering for Jesus, our church contributes regularly through the Cooperative Program of the SBC. A set percentage of each year’s budget is allocated to the Cooperative Program. These funds assist with various Southern Baptist denominational missions programs.
Approximately 10% of every dollar given to our church through normal tithes and offering is budgeted toward missions.
The breakdown is as follows
- General Missions Support / Promotion / Operations 2%
- Local Ministry Sponsorships 4%
- North American Church Sponsorships 3%
- International and Other Sponsorships 1%